The common characteristic amongst the individuals we work with is that at some point in their career, they have an over-weighted exposure to idiosyncratic risk. Outsized risk directly impacts the way we address wealth planning and investment management.
When concentrated risk makes up a large portion of an individual’s net worth, it needs to be managed in correlation with the rest of their financial picture. In our truly holistic strategy, we work to create a balance between wealth generation, capital preservation, and asset protection, while taking into account the outsized risk of the individual situation.
- Estate Planning
- Tax Optimization
- Risk Management
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Stock Options - exercise decisions, tax implications/optimization, navigating shareholder agreements/transfer restrictions, negotiating comp packages, long-term equity strategies and exit plans, 83b elections & 10b5-1 plans, internal tenders, waterfall/valuation analysis.
- Secondary Market - liquidity solutions, non-recourse lending, forward agreements, LP interest, strong foothold/network in marketplace, experience in multiple structures.
- New Venture/Startup - fundraising counsel, cap table management, strategic legal and tax partners, access to CPW’s network, deck creation, financial modeling, i-banking relationships.
- Early-Stage Investments - seed and angel deal flow, structure guidance, advisory role opportunities, risk mitigation, discounted & strategic access to mid-level startups
- Private Placements & Private Equity Exposure - special purpose vehicles, direct access to fundraising rounds, allocation & management of illiquid portfolios, venture funds.
- Core Portfolio
- Satellite Investments
- Asset Allocation
- Alternative Solutions
- Real Estate
- Risk Mitigation